While beauty makes a first impression, charm lasts a lifetime.
It's the perfect simplicity of manners-a winsome blend of kindness, confidence, and grace.
Better Than Beauty resuscitates the long-lost art of charm with hints, tips, and tricks guaranteed to boost your charm quotient. First published in 1938, this classic compendium is overflowing with timeless advise to help guide you through a maze of social interactions with wit and finesse. Much more than a personal grooming or etiquette book, Better than Beauty tackles complicated social situations with delicacy.
- How to engage in creative conversation
- How to be pleasant on paper and refined on the telephone
- How to choose your confidantes with care
- How to maintain peace in difficult situations
- How to find the most flattering clothing for your figure
- How to deflect unwanted advances
- How to be kind to atrocious people
- And much, more